Lovingly crafted in the Garden of Ireland, Móinéir wines are luxurious artisan fruit wines made from 100% Irish fruit, in Ireland's first fruit winery, Wicklow Way Wines.
Inspired by the fertile countryside of Ireland, Móinéir is the Gaelic word for ‘meadows’, where we picked the berries for our first fruit wines. Made in small batches at our County Wicklow winery, entirely from local Irish fruit, our wines offer tantalising aromas, flavours and colours, and are a unique way to savour a little of Ireland’s rich bounty. Learn more about fruit wines...
Móinéir Strawberry Wine
Our flagship Strawberry Wine is created from hand-picked Irish strawberries, with around one hundred and fifty small strawberries in each bottle, gently pressed to yield their juices, then carefully fermented over a number of weeks, and aged to a golden-red hue. This artisan wine is handcrafted in small batches in the Garden of Ireland, and is very rare.
Dancing with the aromas of summer, the taste is complex and alluring on the palate, while a hint of sweetness gives way to full-bodied flavour, which tapers to a crisp finish.
Pairing well with the light, fresh meals of summer, it is also delicious as an aperitif.
Buy from selected stockists in Ireland or from our online store.
- ABV 11%.
- Low in Sulphites
- Suitable for Vegans
Móinéir Blackberry Wine with Wild Elderberries
Just released In late October 2016 our blackberry wine with wild elderberries deliciously captures the flavours of late summer and autumn.
Elderberries are a native Irish plant, growing happily in meadows and hedgerows and often inhabiting areas that are quite inaccessible. The wild elderberries in this wine were painstakingly foraged around the Wicklow Mountains during autumn 2015, then blended with luscious Irish blackberries to create this delicious wine. With real depth of fruit flavour we have captured the moment when the Irish summer turns to autumn.
Perfect as a gift or as a wine for special occasions, it pairs beautifully with red meats and cheeses.
- ABV 11%.
- Low in Sulphites
- Suitable for Vegans
We are proud to be a Verified Member of Bord Bia's Origin Green, Ireland’s world-pioneering programme of commitment to sustainable food and drink production.
With our lifelong and personal commitment to the environment sustainability is close to our hearts and we carry this concept throughout our production process. Our fruit is either foraged or selected exclusively from Bord Bia-approved growers, and the fruit pulp that remains after the berries are pressed is broken down into microbially-rich compost, used for food production. Learn more..
The Story behind Móinéir Fruit Wines
Wicklow Way Wines is Ireland's first fruit winery, home to Móinéir Fine Irish Fruit Wine and the culmination of an adventure that has taken us on a meandering route that started in Ireland, then continued through the mountains of California before returning to Ireland, and taking root in the verdant meadows of County Wicklow.
Before we started our business we were involved in very different careers – Pamela was a senior executive with Airtricity, building windfarms to help reduce Ireland's dependence on imported fuels, and reduce energy-related carbon emissions. Brett was a professional audio engineer, working on commercials and films and with a diverse array of major musical performers such as U2, Van Morrison, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eric Clapton and the San Francisco Opera.
What we always shared, however, is genuine care for the environment and a deep appreciation for the natural foods of Ireland. We've been fascinated with growing food and exploring the unique flavours this island offers. We have made all kinds of unusual wild foods, including hawthorn berry syrup and elderberry jam, and even discovered how to make a palatable nettle, dandelion and mint smoothie! So for us it was a big step, but also a natural step to explore creating our own wines, and to make them as sustainable as possible.
Fruit Wines and Food
Delicious with food
The complex flavours of Móinéir Strawberry Wine make it an ideal partner for a wide variety of Irish foods including salads and cheese, pork and lamb, poultry, salmon and seafood.
Its aromatic qualities and slightly off-dry style mean that it also matches well with spicy foods, which can be difficult to pair with most grape wines.
We don’t use any animal products in our purification process, so our wine is suitable for Vegans.
Colourful, fresh, fragrant, full of summer flavour, and of course, uniquely Irish – Móinéir Strawberry Wine makes a special wedding wine, either served as an aperitif at your reception, or served with dinner as a memorable treat.
Summer picnics and parties
Alfresco eating and Móinéir Strawberry Wine are a sublime combination. Our wine is moderately low in alcohol and an excellent companion for grilled fish, meats, salads and fruits.
Christmas and New Year
Festive celebrations call for something special and different. The complex and deep flavours of Móinéir Blackberry and Elderberry Wine should be savoured and enjoyed with a Christmas feast, combining harmoniously with game, fowl and strong cheeses.
Where to Buy
For delivery in the Republic of Ireland
Móinéir Fine Irish Fruit Wine is available to purchase (case of 6 bottles) at our online shop
Individual 750ml bottles available online at:
Speciality Wine/Food Retailers
- 64 Wine, 64 Glasthule Road, Sandycove, Co Dublin
- Mitchell and Son, Glasthule Road, Glasthule, Co Dublin
- Blackrock Cellar, 23 Rockhill, Blackrock, Co Dublin
- Whelehans Wines, The Silver Tassie, Bray Rd, Loughlinstown, Co Dublin
- Grapevine, 26 Castle Street, Dalkey, Co Dublin
- Avoca, 11A The Crescent, Monkstown, Co Dublin
- Celtic Whiskey Shop & Wines on the Green, 27-28 Dawson Street, Dublin 2
- Mitchell and Son, CHQ Building, IFSC, Dublin 1
- The Corkscrew Wine Merchants, 4 Chatham Street, Dublin 2
- Green Man Wines, 3 Terenure Road North, Dublin 6W
- Morton's, 15 Dunville Avenue, Ranelagh, Dublin 6
- Lotts & Co, 7 South Lotts Road, Beggars Bush, Dublin 4
- Gibney's Off Licence, 6 New Street, Malahide, Co Dublin
- Mitchell and Son, Avoca, Kilmacanogue, Co Wicklow
- La Touche Wines, La Touche Place, Greystones, Co Wicklow
- The Wicklow Wine Company, 7 Main Street, Co Wicklow
- The Parting Glass, Church Hill, Enniskerry, Co Wicklow
- Avoca Powersourt, Enniskerry, Co Wicklow
- Avoca Mount Usher Gardens, Ashford, Co Wicklow
- Ardkeen Quality Food Store, Dunmore Road, Waterford, Co Waterford
- Bradley's Off-Licence, 81 N Main St, Cork
- Urru Culinary Store, McSwiney Quay, Cloghmacsimon, Bandon, Co Cork
- Ballymaloe Cookery School (Garden Cafe Shop), Shanagarry, Co Cork
- Le Caveau, Market Yard, Kilkenny, Co Kilkenny
- McCambridge's, 38-39 Shop Street, Galway City, Galway
- Quintessential Wines, 9 Dublin Road, Drogheda, Co Louth
- Red Earth, Mullingar Business Park, Mullingar, Co Westmeath
Restaurants and Wine Bars:
- Chapter One, 18-19 Parnell Square, Dublin 1
- Thornton's Restaurant, 1st Floor, The Fitzwilliam Hotel, 128 St Stephen's Green, Dublin 2
- The Greenhouse, off St Stephen's Green, Dawson Street, Dublin 2
- Ely Wine Bar, 22 Ely Place, Dublin 2
- Ely Bar and Brasserie, CHQ, IFSC, Dublin 1
- Luna/SMS, 2-3 Drury Street, Dublin 2
- Forest Avenue, 8 Sussex Street, Sussex Road, Dublin 4
- Forest & Marcy, 12 Leeson St Upper, Dublin 4
- The Winding Stair, 40 Ormond Quay Lower, Dublin 1
- The Pig's Ear, 4 Nassau Street, Dublin 2
- Charlotte Quay, Charlotte Quay Dock, Millenium Tower, Dublin 4
- Pearl Brasserie, 20 Merrion Street Upper, Dublin 2
- Bang Restaurant, 11 Merrion Row, Dublin 2
- Pickle Restaurant, 43 Camden Street, Dublin 2
- Lobstar, Monkstown, Co Dublin
- Brooklodge, Macreddin Village, Co Wicklow
- Aniar Restaurant, 53 Lower Dominick St, Galway City, Galway
- Bastion, Junction of Market St and Main St, Kinsale, Co Cork
- MacNean House and Restaurant, Main Street, Blacklion, Co Cavan
- Pantry and Corkscrew, The Octagon, Westport, Co Mayo
- Fortnum and Mason, 181 Piccadilly, London W1A 1ER
If you would like your local speciality wine or food retailer or restaurant to stock our wine, please contact us and we will get in touch with them.
Móinéir Fine Irish Fruit Wine is available to purchase at our online shop.
Media and Endorsements
Since the very successful launch of Móinéir, at Bloom in the Phoenix Park, in June 2016 we have received fantastic publicity and endorsements from food and wine experts, critics and the media, along with a great response from the public. Thanks so much to everyone who has supported us so far!
Here is some of the coverage we've received to date...
Bloom 2016 - Launch of Móinéir
John Wilson, Irish Times Wine Correspondent, Julie Dupouy, Sommelier at The Greenhouse, Ed Jolliffe, Sommelier at Chapter One, Neven Maguire, MacNean House, Neven's Irish Food Trails, RTE1
Newspapers, Radio and TV